Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Review: Longwear Lipsticks/ Lipstains

So I am going to do a review on longwear/ lip stains. I have 1 longwear lipstick and 2 lipstains. All of them are from MAC.
So the longwear which is called Perpetual and it is a red color. This is from MAC's prolongwear collection that is been out for awhile now and they are permanent colors. This is not a stain lipstick though so i have ate with it on and some of the lipstick did come off but my lips still looked like really pigmented with the color. Eventually you probably would have to reapply but I would recommend this for people with dry lips because its really smooth and creamy.Mac has other colors also. Below is a picture of what the longwear lipstick looks like. I really overall like the pro longwear lipsticks and they have so many other colors and for the people who dont like lipstains than this would be the next best thing for you.
So the next products I have are lipstains. The colors I have are Night Rose and Femme Forever. They are very similar colors. Night rose is like a pink mauve color and Femme Forever is like this shiny pink color.
Here are what the colors look like. Its in like a lipgloss tube but is dry like a lipstick and it also comes with either clear or glitter gloss if you want to add some shine to the color. So these lipstains will last ALL DAY long. If you are looking for a lipstick that you wont have to reapply than this is the lipstain for you. For me I personally dont like lipstains because i have dry lips so when i apply this than it drys it out more but lipstains are meant to dry your lips so the product can sync into your lips. I even tried to use makeup wipes and I had to really rub my lips to get the product off. This is a great product for the right person. I would not recommend this to people who have dry lips. They do have other colors if you do not like these colors and I do believe drugstore companies have lipstains also. Overall the product does exactly what it is suppose to do.
 First picture is using the Femme Forever Lipstain. Second Picture is me using Night Rose Lipstain
 Here is what they look on my hand next to each other Left: Femme Forever, Right: Night Rose
 The next picture is what the prolongwear looks like swatched.
Overall the products are very pigmented and depending on your preference the longwear or lipstain would be your best option especially when you want to go out on the town or to dinner without wanted to reapply your lipstick. I hope you all enjoyed this review. Feel Free to comment below if you have any comments or questions about these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment